Concrete Information Perth
Guide to concrete
A concrete company is one that lays and forms liquid concrete for many applications, such as building foundations, house pads, tennis courts, swimming pools, driveways, tennis courts, alfresco and many more.
The mixture is made and in liquid form has additives mixed in, to set the curing rate, depending on the application it can be slowed down or speed up. Most applications are highly labour intensive and it is a job that needs completing quickly before the freshly laid concrete sets, this is why it is common to see concreting done by a crew of concreters.
A concreting company may have their own cement mixer truck and or have the cement truck deliver directly it straight from the manufacturing location. The size of the project normally determines the best methodology, as the volume required is having a major bearing on logistics.
What types are there
There are various options available today for you to choose from in the concrete you decide would suit your project the best.
- Colour concrete
- Stencil concrete
- Stamped concrete
- Liquid limestone
- Pebble concrete
- Exposed aggregate
- Honed concrete
- Honed aggregate
- Polished concrete
- Polished aggregate
The options above make the difference between the colour, texture, smoothness, light reflective properties look and feel of the surface you walk on. Even none slip finishes can be applied for areas such as around swimming pools and spas.
General order of a project
- The given area is prepared and would normally including clearing and levelling the particular area having the new flooring laid, then marking the exact area and setting up the timber or steel formwork that will become the temporary edge of the poured liquid concrete.
- The steel reinforcement mesh is then placed in the appropriate position as required for the new flooring.
- Then the cement, sand, aggregates and water are mixed to make up the liquid mixture of the pourable concrete you wanted.
- The mixture is then moved into the required position with wheel barrows and or concrete pumps running it along a pipe to where it is needed.
- The still liquid mixture is spread out and moved to fill the area correctly and meet up with the formwork to ensure that the fresh concrete is distributed evenly around the given area using the concreting tools and screeds.
- The next stage is to compact the now more solid mixture as it starting to cure or dry out and smooth over the concrete surface with the use of floating or levelling machines and equipment.
- Once the curing process has taken place then it would be time for the next stage (if required) and to polish the concrete surface.
- Depending on the final finish you wish to have then the decoration stage is where various concrete surfaces and or by doing the stencil work and or stamps.
- Lastly the now reasonable hard concrete has the straight thin cuts done to install the required expansion joints, in the appropriate places.
To get one of our professional crew to pop out and chat to you about your possible project, obligation free, then call us right now on 0403 747 969
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Email us your info and we will contact you, or feel free to send us your house / landscaping plans and we will be more than happy to work out a budget for you.